Always looking for ways to enhance my products, I am now offering a 100% oil and butter based avocado hair product. This heavier formulation still uses natural ingredients including pure, raw avocado butter blended with aloe vera butter! Since this product does not contain any liquid-based ingredients, it does not require any additional preservatives and has a more stable shelf life outside of refrigeration. However, I still recommend refrigeration when not in use for lengthy periods of time. Shelf life approximately 6 months. Keep tightly sealed and water out.
Key features include:
- Smooth buttery texture
- No separation
- Creamy scent
- All natural preservatives with essential oils and Neem oil
- Heavier oil base – excellent for styling/sealing dry and brittle hair textures
- Nourishing, conditioning and moisturizing ingredients
Key ingredients: Avocado Butter, Coconut oil, Aloe Vera Butter (extracted aloe vera in fractionated coconut oil), Vitamin E oil, Sweet Almond oil, Neem oil, and a blend of essential oils
For Kinkier Hair Textures:
- Use as a twisting butter to add/seal moisture and style: Take small to medium sections of detangled hair and spritz lightly with your liquid moisturizer (H20 +/- Aloe Vera Juice). Then apply a dime to nickel sized amount of the Avocado & Aloe Creamy Butter Blend from ENDS to ROOTS. Keep your most generous application at the ENDS, since this is the oldest and often most brittle part of the hair strand! Twist/style as usual.
- Use as a conditioning treatment: Warm/melt 2-3 tbsp of the Avocado & Aloe Creamy Butter Blend in a bowl (preferably via stove in a metal bowl over a boiling pot of water). Spritz warm water onto small to medium sections of hair to help open the hair cuticle. Apply a dime to nickel sized amount of the melted butter from ENDS to ROOTS. Cover hair with a plastic cap. Either wrap a towel over the plastic cap to help trap and convey the heat generated by your body, or sit under a dryer directly with plastic cap. Do this for about 15-30 minutes. Rinse hair thoroughly with warm water and style as usual. This process can either be done after your usual shampoo or as your stand-alone deep conditioning treatment sans shampoo.
For Curly Textures:
- Use as a twisting butter to add/seal moisture and style: Use the same steps as listed above for kinkier texture but use on medium to large sections of hair with a pea to dime sized amount of butter. For finer hair, use smaller amounts to avoid hair feeling weighed down.
- Use as a conditioning treatment: Use the same steps as listed above for kinkier texture but use on medium to large sections of hair with a pea to dime sized amount of melted butter.
- Use as a moisture/sealant prior to blow drying or roller setting: On freshly washed hair, rub a pea to dime sized amount of butter, directly from the jar, onto large sections of damp hair. Finger detangle or comb hair throughout with wide tooth comb. You can then style as usual using a blow dryer (hooded or hand-held), roller sets and/or air drying. If flat ironing, allow hair to dry completely by one of the aforementioned methods prior to use. Of note, this product is NOT a “heat protectant”, so you will still want to use your regular heat protectants prior to applying heat to your hair!
For Wavy Textures:
- Use as a conditioning treatment: Use the same steps as listed above for kinky texture but use on large sections of hair with a pea sized amount of melted butter.
- Use as a moisture/sealant prior to blow drying or roller setting: Use the same steps as listed above for curly texture but with a pea sized amount of butter, directly from the jar, onto large sections of damp hair.
*Adjust the amount of butter to suite your preference. Typically, fine hair textures will require less butter
Not for consumption. Avoid in nut allergies or sensitivity to essential oils. Do not apply to areas of broken, ulcerated skin or rashes. Best if kept refrigerated in-between prolonged disuse to maintain shelf life. Keep lid tightly sealed and keep water out of product. 6 month shelf life.
Benefits of Avocado Butter:
Avocado, “butter pear,” is native to South and Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean islands. Being high in monounsaturated fat, it has a smooth, creamy texture which makes it perfect for hair products. It’s also rich in vitamins A, D, B and E, unsaturated fatty acids, and lecithin, all of which are beneficial to the general health of your skin and hair. This butter is near odorless and, with a melting point close to your body’s natural temperature, it’s east to rub onto skin and hair!
Benefits of Aloe Vera Butter:
Aloe butter is an extract of aloe vera leaves, aloe barbadensis, in a coconut fatty fraction. It contains all the key properties of Aloe Vera which is rich in Vitamins A, C, E, B, Choline, B12, and Folic Acid. It is highly antioxidant and has wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe vera is also thought to provide penetrating power due to its pH which is similar to the pH of our hair.
Benefits of Coconut oil:
Coconut oil is rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals and has been used for thousands of years in hair/skin care. Certain components in coconut oil help keep the hair strong, nourished and protected, and help prevent excessive hair loss/shedding. It also helps to reduce protein loss. Coconut oil has a high moisture retaining capacity. It does not let moisture escape, thus keeping hair moist and soft, preventing breakage!
Fractionated coconut oil is used with extracted aloe vera to create the aloe vera butter used in this product.
My new “Avocado & Aloe Creamy Butter Blend” comes in an 8oz amber jar.
For a lighter product: My original product, the “Avocado & Coconut Moisturizing Hair Cream” works great as a light, non-greasy moisturizer blended with aloe vera gel. This lighter formulation can work with all hair textures, and it may work especially well with looser curls, coils and waves. Shop for my Avocado & Coconut Cream formula now: KCamilleNATURALS Etsy Shop